Langsung ke konten utama

Korea's Choice Gricidae Energy Plantation?

There are many similarities between calliandra and gliricidae namely, the leguminoceae group, the wood has a high calorific value, easy to grow, suitable for cultivated energy plantation with fast growing capability after harvesting the wood, and can be integrated with the livestock business by utilizing the green leaves. But gliricidae sepium is easier and more common in many places. This is because gamal has several advantages over calliandra ie as shade trees, fences plants and simple building poles. Gliricidae can also grow in various places and types of soil, evident from the sea to the high mountains. As for the energy sector, calliandra wood has an advantage with faster dry so it can be exploited or easier to process further.
As a group of leguminoceae both gliricidae and calliandra are able to fertilize the soil because its roots are able to bind nitrogen from the atmosphere, increase soil organic matter, improve physical characteristics of soil, aeration and drainage, reduce soil erosion, lower soil temperature and reduce ground water evaporation. Critical land, marginal and unused land will be repaired with the leguminoceae. Human essential matter issues such as water, energy and food can also be fulfilled by the plantation. As with calliandra, for optimization of gliricidae can also be integrated in 5F projects for the world!.

Since implementing the RPS (Renewable Portfolio Standard) in 2012 Korea committed to increase the use of renewable energy, especially biomass and more specifically wood pellets in its energy sector. Based on the RPS, Korea requires a coal-fired power plant to use a minimum 2% of renewable energy by 2012, with  0.5% per year increase until 2020. By 2020 they will need a minimum of 10% renewable energy with 60% renewable energy composition coming from wood biomass , while the remaining 40% from other sources. Palm kernel shells also become short and medium term solutions, and wood pellets for the long term. Since a few years ago some gliricidae energy plantations have been created by cooperating with Korea. Although until now the commercial production of gliricidae wood pellets not yet realized, but it seems in the near future will be realized. Some of the driving forces include the limited availability of palm kernel shells, wood pellets from raw materials of wood wastes are also limited, and biomass pellets from various agricultural wastes are of low quality and often require various treatments before they are pelleted. It seems that gliricidae will soon be massively cultivated to meet renewable energy in Korea. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Carbon Positive, Carbon Carbon Neutral or Negative?

Greenhouse gases from burning fossilfuels have caused the Earth's temperature to rise. Increasing the temperature of the earth or global warming causing numerous disasters due to climate change in a number of places on earth. When greenhouse gases not controlled then the result of damage to the environment of the earth will be more severe. Therefore, efforts were made to reduce greenhouse gases as the cause of environmental problems. In general, there are four common scenarios to prevent the global warming effect of CO2 in the atmosphere gradually, namely: 1.increasing the efficiency so the fossil fuel consumption decreases, 2.mix of renewable fuels with fossil fuels so that fossil fuel consumption has also decreased, 3.substitution of fossil fuels with renewable fuels 4.and the absorption of CO2 in the atmosphere so that the concentration of greenhouse gases can be reduced. Here are some basic terms related to the above problems. Based on the origin and the effect that CO2 in the atmo…

10 Advantages By Making Energy Plantations for Wood Pellet Production

Assuredness of supply of raw materials is one of the key factors of business success in the wood pellets. There are two ways to obtain raw materials commonly done today: a. Buying from the owner of source of raw materials. b. Producing its own the availability of raw materials. While the 3rd way and there is still few for business owners make wood pellets is by mix way, which is partly provide by their own of raw materials and some rest buy from the other source of raw materials.
While examining at the types of biomass raw materials there are two kinds, namely : a. Woody biomass b. Non-wood biomass such as agricultural wastes (empty fruit bunches of palm oil trees, corn cobs, rice husks and so on). Currently woody biomass remains a priority to be products of wood pellets as a number of advantages over non-wood biomass which is generally an agricultural wastes, are included in the category of biomass pellets or agri-waste pellets. The comparison between wood pellet and biomass pellet …

Wood Pellet, PKS and Biomass Power Plant Market in Japan